- Did you give birth or was your child born in Ontario between April 2010 and May 2023?
- Did you receive pregnancy care in Ontario between January 2012 and May 2023?
- Did you have in-vitro fertilization or egg banking in Ontario between January 2013 and May 2023?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the following personal information of yours, or your child, may have been included in the privacy breach:
- Postal code
- Date of birth
- Health card number (with no version code).
The affected data does not include any banking or financial information such as credit card numbers, social insurance numbers, health card version, expiry or security codes, or patient email addresses.
We collect data about fertility, pregnancy, newborn and child health care that you or your child may have received.
- Dates of service
- Lab results from screening and diagnostic testing diagnoses
- Pregnancy risk factors
- Type of birth and procedures
- Birth outcomes (e.g., live birth, still birth, complications, diagnoses)
If you answered “no” to all the questions above, there is still a very small chance that your child’s information was impacted by this incident if they received certain types of care between January 2010 and May 2023.
Types of Care and our Network of Data providers:
|If you received care in Ontario related to:||The type of data affected by the privacy breach:||Data Providers|
Click on the links to see a list of organizations and the date ranges that affected information was collected:
|In vitro fertilization or egg banking services||All Ontario Fertility Centres that perform IVF/egg banking procedures|
|Prenatal Care, Screening, and Testing||All Ontario Midwifery practices|
All Ontario Birthing Hospitals
All Ontario prenatal genetic screening labs
Prenatal medical genetics clinics
Prenatal cytogenetic labs
|Birth and Delivery in Hospital or at Home||All Ontario Birthing Hospitals|
All Ontario Midwifery practices
|Newborn Care and Child Health Care||Ontario Hospitals with Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) or Special Care Nurseries|
Newborn Screening Ontario
Paediatric cytogenetic labs
|Childhood Immunization||A limited number of patients from a few:|
Ontario Primary Care Practices
Ontario Public Health Units
For more information read our FAQs.